The Election Effect Wins Best Doc Series at IAWTV Awards
Shine Global’s first digital series “The Election Effect” won Best Documentary or Educational Series at the 2018 International Academy of Web Television Awards.
The Election Effect is a series of five short documentaries that showcase seven different teenagers in five states across the country. Each documentary focuses on a different issue or aspect of life, but all address what life as a young person is like in the wake of the polarizing election and how that election has encouraged a level of political engagement we haven’t seen in a generation as America’s youth take both to the streets and to Twitter to amplify their voices.
The series Executive Producer Jeanine Kay accepted the award at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Saturday evening. “I have a ten-year-old son,” she said in her acceptance, “so this project was very important to me because when I took a look at what was happening in American politics, I realized that there is a possibility that my child…may only know one president until he graduates high school. So I thought it was important for us to start building documentaries around what our democracy is really about.”
- CASA screening of Tre Maison Dasan Inspires Those Working with Children and the Incarcerated
- Liyana Red Carpet Premiere
- Meet our Fall 2018 Interns
- Sunny Hostin Honoree
- Tre Maison Dasan to broadcast on PBS's Independent Lens in Spring 2019
- Liyana Opens October 10 in NYC
- The Election Effect Wins Best Doc Series at IAWTV Awards