We are currently accepting applications for Winter/Spring 2019 internship opportunities.
Applications are due by November 12, 2018
As Shine is a small company, interns are very involved in everything that goes on in our office. This provides them with the opportunity to be exposed to the inside workings of independent film production at a variety of stages. Shine is also a non-profit and interns also work with Shine in this capacity, providing insight into the workings of a non-profit organization.
For all internships positions we are looking for candidates that:
- Are an undergraduate student of an accredited college or university
- Have living accommodations in or around NYC
- Be able to dedicate 2-3 days a week January 14, 2019 through May 24, 2019
- Have at least 3.0 GPA
- Are interested in social advocacy, educational outreach, non-profit business, and/or media
- Have excellent organizational, communication, writing skills, and research skills.
- Be familiar with MAC OS, Microsoft Office, social networking, and internet research
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Must have your own computer or access to a computer to work remotely.
All internships are unpaid but we will work with you to receive college credit if you need it.
For Winter/Spring 2019, Shine Global is looking to hire two interns.
The Shine outreach intern works with staff on our social engagement, impact strategy development, grassroots distribution, and fundraising. In 2019, we will be working on developing the outreach and impact strategy for our upcoming film about juvenile justice. We will also be working on the distribution and outreach for our previous films through our IGNITE program and planning for upcoming film releases.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage community distribution requests and fulfillment
- Identify possible outreach and distribution partners
- Research issues for current and possible projects
- Work with team to develop project presentations and treatments as necessary
- Assist in project fundraising
- Monitor press mentions and relevant news
- Work with staff on creating and implementing outreach and impact strategy
- Assist with other projects and administrative tasks as needed
The Shine Marketing Intern works with staff primarily on our social media strategy, which includes: content creation, curation, and posting in support of our films and impact work.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with staff to refine and implement social media strategy
- Conduct research for current trends in social media
- Identify influencers in our network and connect
- Work with team to develop new ways to engage with fans and followers
- Help develop and implement social media contests and campaigns
- Source and create relevant daily content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms
- Assist with other marketing projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Video editing skills are a plus
- Graphic design skills are a plus
To apply, send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in one of the three positions to Caitlin at email@example.com by November 12, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Shine Global, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status, or disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.