We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2017 internships. Applications are due by August 18, 2017.
We also are accepting applications for the full-time position of Executive Assistant. Please click here for more info.
As Shine is a small company, interns are very involved in everything that goes on in our office. This provides them with the opportunity to be exposed to the inside workings of independent film production at a variety of stages. Shine is also a non-profit and interns also work with Shine in this capacity, providing insight into the workings of a non-profit organization.
For all internships positions we are looking for candidates that:
- Are an undergraduate student of an accredited college or university
- Have living accommodations in or around NYC
Be able to dedicate 2-3 days a week September 11, 2017 through December 15, 2017
- Have at least 3.0 GPA
- Are interested in social advocacy, educational outreach, non-profit business, and/or media
- Have excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Be familiar with MAC OS, Microsoft Office, social networking, and internet research
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Must have your own computer or access to a computer to work remotely.
All internships are unpaid but we will work with you to receive college credit if you need it.
Applications are due by August 18, 2017. Submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shine intern helps in the office with research and development and various tasks as they come up and works with staff on our social engagement and impact strategy and grassroots distribution. In 2017, we will be working on the distribution and outreach for our latest film The Wrong Light as well as all our past films through our new IGNITE program. We also are in production on a new film about juvenile justice and developing several new projects. Interns work with us on all projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist staff in the office
- Help with fundraising events
- Research news stories, foundations, potential project ideas, facts for current projects
- Assist with film festival submissions and screenings
- Help create promotional and transmedia elements
- Monitor press mentions and relevant news
- Identify outreach and distribution partners
- General administrative work
- Video editing skills are a PLUS
- Design skills are another plus