Sign up for updates!
The 2016 Election was unlike any we’ve seen in modern history. In its wake, a group of award-winning documentarians set out to chronicle what the results meant to students around the country. The result: The Election Effect, a five-part documentary series that showcases life for the next generation of voters.
Produced in Association with Paramount Network.
The Election Effect is a series of five short documentaries that showcase seven different teenagers in five states across the country. Each documentary focuses on a different issue or aspect of life, but all address what life as a young person is like in the wake of the polarizing election and how that election has encouraged a level of political engagement we haven’t seen in a generation as America’s youth take both to the streets and to Twitter to amplify their voices.
With “The Election Effect” and the accompanying Discussion Guides, Shine Global hopes to provide teachers, parents, and community leaders with the skills to promote civil discourse among students. These include listening respectfully to other opinions and trying to understand different points of view — crucial skills to function effectively in a democracy.
Director: Anmol Episode
André Robert Lee
Director: Caitlyn & Elizabeth Episode
Director: Hebh Episode
Director: Noah & Brandon Episode
Director: Wesley Episode
Producer: Wesley Episode
Produced in Association with Paramount Network
- The Election Effect Nominated for Best Doc Series by IAWTV
- Meet our 2018 Summer Interns
- Notes from Susan: Separating Children From Their Parents
- Liyana Swaziland Premiere and Festival Update
- Tre Maison Dasan Festival Update
- Shine Global to Receive Grant from the National Endowment for the Arts for Film On Juvenile Justice
- Free Companion Discussion Guide For The Election Effect Series