We are currently looking to hire a Development Director to begin in 2018 in our NYC office.
TITLE: Development Director
LOCATION: New York, NY
DURATION: Full time
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, Eligible for participation in health benefits program
DATE POSITION POSTED: Jan 26, 2018
About the Position
Shine Global is a non-profit media company. We produce inspiring films and compelling content about at-risk children. Through tailored distribution and outreach, we connect with our audiences in communities, classrooms, museums, and on capitol hill as part of a powerful engagement campaign to encourage social change.
Shine Global is seeking a skilled, hands-on Director of Development to help it fulfill its vision. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, and assessing Shine’s development strategies in support of the organization’s strategic vision and growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, he/she will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Development Committee, Board of Directors, and staff to achieve major fundraising goals.
- Execute Shine’s annual fundraising plan and develop future plans
- Grow a sustainable donor base
- Formalize a major gifts program
- Plan and oversee large events as well as other cultivation events and fundraisers
- Identify, draft, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundations and private sector and corporate donors
- Develop solicitation and stewardship strategies for individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Create promotional, solicitation, and stewardship print and/or electronic materials for donor program.
- Research and develop new sources of funding
- Provide fundraising support to the Board of Directors and Development Committee
- Identify and implement mechanisms to advance cultivation skills of ED, Directors and staff to cultivate donors
- Participate in or guide donor meetings
- Evaluate fundraising activities and performance in coordination with the Executive Director, staff, and Development Committee.
- With the ED, CFO, Officers and Board, assure sound fiscal operation of the development activities including contributing to timely, accurate reports and budget reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of best practices, developments, and trends in philanthropy relevant to Shine, and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degrees, or certificates (e.g. finance, public administration) preferred
- Five plus years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Facility with detail, numbers, excellent problem solving skills, and understanding of grants strategy
- Knowledge of grants management techniques, workflow processes, budgeting, computer software, including donor management software (such as Saleforce, etc.), and legal procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information
- A belief in the mission of Shine and the power of film to change lives
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Eligible for participation in health benefits program
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, a resume showing requisite experience, and a writing sample to Caitlin@shineglobal.org by February 27, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Shine Global, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status, or disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
- Shine Board Member Profile: Gail Collins Khosla
- Tre Maison Dasan World Premiere at San Fransisco Intl Film Festival
- Notes from Susan: Teens Affected by Gun Violence
- Notes from Susan: Finding Hope - Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting
- Shine Board Member Profile: Adrienne Lopez
- Meet our 2018 Spring Interns