We are currently looking to hire an Executive Assistant to begin in December 2018/ January 2019 in our NYC office.
TITLE: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: New York, NY
DURATION: Full time
SALARY: Low 40s with HRA health benefits
DATE POSITION POSTED: October 23, 2018
About the Position
We’re looking for someone who believes in the power of film to change lives to join our team.
Shine Global is a non-profit media company. We produce inspiring films and compelling content about at-risk children and families. Through tailored distribution and outreach, we connect with our audiences in communities, classrooms, museums, and on capitol hill as part of a powerful engagement campaign to encourage social change.
As Shine is a small company our Executive Assistant is responsible for much more than just scheduling meetings, this role requires someone who is able to see the larger picture, work and communicate with not only our internal team, but with our board, various filmmakers, and other partners, and do so with a great attitude! This role requires someone who has strong organizational, communication, and time management skills and can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Schedule meetings, calls, and appointments
- Coordinate travel for Executive Director/Producers, filmmakers, staff, etc.
- Hire and manage interns
- Keep office in running order (supplies, repairs, etc.)
- Assist in planning and managing events
- Oversee donor and contact stewardship (currently using Salesforce)
- Manage documents and files, including financial records
- Manage physical distribution of films
- Research potential ideas for Shine projects and grant or partnership opportunities
- Assist with productions and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Proficiency with MAC OS, Microsoft Office
- Ability to delegate tasks well
- Manage work independently with minimal supervision
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions
- Editing OR Design skills are a PLUS
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and a resume showing requisite experience to Caitlin@shineglobal.org by November 18, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Shine Global, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status, or disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.