We are currently looking to hire an Executive Assistant to begin in August or September 2017 in our NYC office.
TITLE: Executive Assistant
LOCATION: New York, NY
DURATION: Full time
Shine Global is a non-profit media company. We produce inspiring films and compelling content about at-risk children. Through tailored distribution and outreach, we connect with our audiences in communities, classrooms, museums, and on capitol hill as part of a powerful engagement campaign to encourage social change.
As Shine is a small company, our Executive Assistant is responsible for much more than scheduling meetings. This role requires someone who is able to see the larger picture, work and communicate with not only our internal team, but with our board, various filmmakers, and other partners, and do so with a great attitude! This role requires someone who has strong organizational, communication, and time management skills and can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Hire and manage interns
- Schedule meetings, calls, and appointments
- Coordinate travel for Executive Director, Producers, filmmakers, staff, etc.
- Keep office in running order (supplies, repairs, etc.)
- Plan events and manage Shine volunteers at local events
- Manage community distribution of films
- Research potential ideas for Shine projects and grant or partnership opportunities
- Donor and contact management (currently on Salesforce)
- Document and file management, including financial records
- Assist with productions and projects as needed
- A belief in the power of film to change lives
- Excellent research skills
- An interest in social advocacy, educational outreach, non-profit business, and/or media
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Manage work independently with minimal supervision
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions
- Ability to delegate tasks well
- Proficiency with MAC OS, Microsoft Office, social networking sites
- Editing OR Design skills are a PLUS
Submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.