All episodes available on the Onyx Family YouTube Channel
“Onyx Family Dinner” follows the Onyx family, a warm, creative and supportive Black family with a robust fanbase (more than 7 million subscribers across their YouTube channels) as they share their passion for learning about the world and encouraging families to engage with each other. A seat at the dinner table with dad Mirthell, mom Rita and kids Shalom, Sinead, Shasha and Shiloh, brings meaningful discussions about what’s going on in their lives and important topics such as mental health, school curriculum bias, Black hair and hair discrimination, social activism in sports, urban gardening and sustainability, body positivity and self-esteem and how to be a changemaker.
The series’ diverse roster of dinner guests including former NFL linebacker Emmanuel Acho, fashion influencer Kellie Brown, mental health advocate Diana Chao, activist and founder of Youth Advocates for Change Tiana Day, student and hair discrimination activist Faith Fennidy, fashion designer and urban gardener Ron Finley, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Nikole Hannah-Jones, and Emmy Award-winning sports journalist Jemele Hill who help broaden the conversation by offering different perspectives, interesting stories and valuable insight.
Cynopsis Best of the Best Rising Star Awards 2021 – Best Diversity Awareness Campaign Marketing
Presented by Youtube originals
PRoduced BY pocket.watch
In Association with shine global
Chris M. Williams
- Shine Global Partners With U.S. Congresswoman Veronica Escobar For Historic Immigration Reform Event In Washington, D.C.
- Shine Global Announces 2023 Children’s Resilience in Film Award Honorees
- Home Is Somewhere Else Wins Ariel Award for Best Animated Feature
- Nominees for 2023 Annual Children’s Resilience in Film Awards
- Meet Shine Global's Summer 2023 Interns: Piper Ackerman and Yuri Kim
- Heartland Film’s Indy Shorts Announces Winner of a Spotlight on Children’s Resilience with Shine Global