The Election Effect Wins Best Doc Series at IAWTV Awards
Shine Global’s first digital series “The Election Effect” won Best Documentary or Educational Series at the 2018 International Academy of Web Television Awards.
The Election Effect is a series of five short documentaries that showcase seven different teenagers in five states across the country. Each documentary focuses on a different issue or aspect of life, but all address what life as a young person is like in the wake of the polarizing election and how that election has encouraged a level of political engagement we haven’t seen in a generation as America’s youth take both to the streets and to Twitter to amplify their voices.
The series Executive Producer Jeanine Kay accepted the award at the ceremony in Los Angeles on Saturday evening. “I have a ten-year-old son,” she said in her acceptance, “so this project was very important to me because when I took a look at what was happening in American politics, I realized that there is a possibility that my child…may only know one president until he graduates high school. So I thought it was important for us to start building documentaries around what our democracy is really about.”
- Shine Global Partners With U.S. Congresswoman Veronica Escobar For Historic Immigration Reform Event In Washington, D.C.
- Shine Global Announces 2023 Children’s Resilience in Film Award Honorees
- Home Is Somewhere Else Wins Ariel Award for Best Animated Feature
- Nominees for 2023 Annual Children’s Resilience in Film Awards
- Meet Shine Global's Summer 2023 Interns: Piper Ackerman and Yuri Kim
- Heartland Film’s Indy Shorts Announces Winner of a Spotlight on Children’s Resilience with Shine Global