Meet our Fall 2018 Interns
Syeda Anjum is a sophomore at Barnard College of Columbia University, majoring https://j-galt.com/accutane-30mg/ in Film Studies on the pre-medical track. Born and raised in Queens, New York, Syeda spent her whole life exploring diverse neighborhoods with her friends and family. She was inspired by Shine Global’s mission statement having spent the last three years volunteering with organizations, such as the Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA). Inspired by the stories of immigrant families, Syeda wanted to shed light on children’s stories from multiple backgrounds. She believes that children’s stories offer a distinct perspective on global issues that most people are unaware of, and she wants their voices to be heard by a larger audience. As the marketing intern for this fall, she strives to highlight key messages through the power of social media, which has played a keen role in delivering stories as of late.
Paige McCall is a senior at New York University studying Film and Television. She’s from a small town outside of Seattle, WA that is best known for being where they filmed parts of Twin Peaks. Paige is a writer who’s had a lifelong passion for storytelling through films, and loves creating content for younger audiences, specifically teenagers who feel they haven’t had their voices heard or that their thoughts aren’t valued. Outside of school, Paige has worked for many years with a Seattle-based company that creates inspiring books for kids and families, even writing two of her own. She was immediately interested in Shine because of their emphasis on creating content for at-risk or underrepresented children, and because of her interest in learning more about the non-profit world. Paige has spent the majority of her time at NYU working on television writing and production, and hopes to continue working in these areas after graduating in the Spring.
- Shine Global Partners With U.S. Congresswoman Veronica Escobar For Historic Immigration Reform Event In Washington, D.C.
- Shine Global Announces 2023 Children’s Resilience in Film Award Honorees
- Home Is Somewhere Else Wins Ariel Award for Best Animated Feature
- Nominees for 2023 Annual Children’s Resilience in Film Awards
- Meet Shine Global's Summer 2023 Interns: Piper Ackerman and Yuri Kim
- Heartland Film’s Indy Shorts Announces Winner of a Spotlight on Children’s Resilience with Shine Global