2019’s Top 5
Thank you for your support of Shine Global in 2019!
We couldn’t have done all this without you.
- Tre Maison Dasan had its broadcast premiere on PBS reaching almost 2 million viewers and sparking conversations about child welfare in the criminal justice system
- “The Election Effect,” Shine’s first digital series, was nominated for a Webby Award (aka “the Oscars of the internet”) and was a featured Webby for Good project. It’s now available for educational screenings to help teach civil discourse.
- We completed Virtually Free for a 2020 release with the help of 218 backers on Kickstarter. Our 2020 release will use the film to promote juvenile justice reform.
- Liyana raised more than $30,000 for the Liyana Educational Fund which helps cover students’ costs for higher education including university tuition and vocational training, as well as travel and boarding when needed.
- Shine Global’s 5th Annual Gala raised over $175,000 to support our mission.
Thank you to all of our supporters who made this possible – and more to come in 2020!
- Shine Global Partners With U.S. Congresswoman Veronica Escobar For Historic Immigration Reform Event In Washington, D.C.
- Shine Global Announces 2023 Children’s Resilience in Film Award Honorees
- Home Is Somewhere Else Wins Ariel Award for Best Animated Feature
- Nominees for 2023 Annual Children’s Resilience in Film Awards
- Meet Shine Global's Summer 2023 Interns: Piper Ackerman and Yuri Kim
- Heartland Film’s Indy Shorts Announces Winner of a Spotlight on Children’s Resilience with Shine Global